Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Day 1, Actvity 2: Bonus

Monday 11th July

Bonus


Bonus: During the ancient Olympic Games, men were allowed to compete in the events but women were not. In fact, women were often forbidden from even watching the games. In your opinion, is this a fair rule? Why or why not? On your blog please tell us what you think about this interesting rule.



Answer: I honestly think that this is unfair because both men and woman should be allowed to compete in public events like the Olympics. But therefor I don’t think it doesn’t really matter because in our century both female and men can participate and watch the Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Saveu,

    I completely agree with you that both men and women should be allowed to compete in the Olympic games. As you have stated in your post, the modern day Olympic games are open to men and women and I am very relieve that this is the case. I can't imagine watching the Olympics and not seeing women in the events. They are often some of my favourite athletes. In fact, I really enjoy watching Valerie Adams, Lydia Ko and others compete on the international stage. I wonder if Valerie will win another medal this year in shot put? I guess that we'll just have to wait and see...

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete