Pages

Monday 19 December 2016

Summer Learning Journey: Week 1 Day 2 Bonus Activity

Bonus activity
Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand. Have you been to Wellington? If so, please tell us about two things that you did when you were in Wellington. If you haven’t had the opportunity to go to Wellington, follow the link to learn more about this very cool city: Discover Wellington.

On your blog, tell us what two things you would like to do if you had the chance to visit Wellington. Would you go to the botanical gardens or visit the Beehive? Perhaps you would prefer to go shopping on Cuba Street or go out for dinner on Quay Street…

In Wellington I have been to the Te Papa Tongarewa Museum, the museum is really beautiful. Inside their are a lot of different things, there I saw a really big squid bead in a tank.
I have also been inside the Wellington Beehive. I saw where all the parliaments came to meet up. We also had a tour of the Beehive.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Saveu
    I haven't been to Wellington but if I go there, I want to go to the cable cars. Keep up the great work!
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Saveu,

    When did you go down to Wellington? Did you like it down there? I love visiting Wellington, it has to be one of my favourite cities in the world. My brother lives there so I try to visit as often as I can :-)

    Do you know that one of my all time favourite things to do there is visit Te Papa? The Giant Squid is my favourite exhibit too! How big is it?? Could you imagine swimming past that in the sea.... Although they swim very deep, so it's highly unlikely we would see one - but still! What else did you see at Te Papa?

    Years ago I visited the Beehive too, and I thought it was a really interesting place with lots of history. We had a tour of the Beehive, Parliament, and the Parliament Library I think and we got to see the Treaty of Waitangi which was very cool.

    Do you think you'll go back to Wellington one day? I hope you do!

    Cheers,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete