Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey: Day 1 Activity 1: 100% PURE New Zealand

Task(Activity One): Go to the Tourism New Zealand website and click on the ‘Facts - New Zealand People’ tab. Read about the people of New Zealand and then choose three interesting facts to post on your blog. The facts must be written in your own words. Do not simply copy and paste the facts from the website☺.

Fact One:
A lot of kiwis love the outdoors, mainly why we have visitors. Kiwis have grew a passion for the outdoors and take great pleasure in activities. The popular outdoors activities are hiking, camping, fishing, bush and beach walks and etc.

Fact Two:
Rugby is New Zealand's most popularly sports. Most people that play on the fields become friends with loyalty which is called ‘mateship’ and is still seen on sporting teams today. All Blacks recently winning the rugby world cup, the sport has public school beginning in England, in New Zealand.

Fact Three:

Friendly people is one of the things you would love about visiting New Zealand. While you're visiting it’ll be good if you start up a conversation, it's the best way to start a new friendship.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Saveu,
    Great job on your blog post! Nice to see you back on blogging again! I like how you used your own words stead of copying the information on the website.
    Keep it up!

    Regards,
    Lusia Pahulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saveu!

    Welcome back to the holiday blogging programme. It is so great to have you back!

    Like Lusia, I am so pleased to see that you have gone to the Tourism NZ website, read the information and then put the ideas (content) into your own words. Awesome - this is such an important skill and one that I am still learning how to master!

    I hope that you enjoyed reading through the tourism website and that you learned some new information. I have certainly learned quite a bit about New Zealand through reading the blog posts. From your post, I learned that rugby started in public schools both here in New Zealand and in England. I grew up in Canada so never had the chance to learn how to play rugby. Do you ever play rugby at school?

    I hope that you will continue to post your great blogs over the next two weeks. I am really looking forward to reading everything that you have already posted and to reading blogs that you have yet to post!

    Keep up the great work,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Saveu it's Von I just popped in to say that your facts are highly interesting and I love reading it! I read your facts as if I was someone who is new to New zealand anyways while I was reading your facts my brain pulled out beatiful pictures from your writing. Well done Saveu and keep up the great work!

    Von,
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete