Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey: Week One Day Five Activity Two: The Treaty of Waitangi

Activity 2: The Treaty of Waitangi
On 6 February 1840, a very special document was signed by the Māori chiefs and the British settlers in New Zealand. It was called the Treaty of Waitangi (Te Tiriti o Waitangi) and it outlined how the two groups would live together and work together in New Zealand. It was the first document of its kind to be signed in the entire world. The Treaty was signed in a place called Waitangi in northern New Zealand.
Follow this Waitangi village link to read about the village of Waitangi.

On your blog, tell us three fun things that you can do as a visitor in Waitangi. Which one would you like to do the most?
Work↓↓



I would like to witness the treaty because I always wonder what it

looks like in person, I ask myself questions like ‘can you read the
signatures?’ and other questions. So therefore I would like to visit
the treaty house.

<Click on the photo to get a better view<

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Saveu,

    My name is Emiely (pronounced “Emily”) and I work alongside Billy at the Summer Learning Journey!

    I like the way you have used Google Draw to create this blog post. It looks very effective the way you have made a list of activities on the left and added pictures on the right. I also like how you have used a big, clear font so it is easy to read. Well done! The Maori meeting house and war canoe sound very interesting. I bet the carving on them are just magnificent! Waitangi sounds like a great place to visit with lots of history and culture. I wonder how far it is from Auckland? Maybe you would like to look it up on Google Maps!

    It's awesome to see how actively you have been blogging this summer. I know the Summer Learning Journey team have enjoyed reading and commenting on your blog. Just a reminder that you can earn bonus points by commenting on other children's Summer Learning Journey blog posts. I'm sure they would appreciate your thoughtful and helpful comments.

    Noho ora mai,

    Emiely :)

    ReplyDelete